At the moment there are volunteer vacancies:
Volunteer Teachers Dutch Language
Would you like to teach the Dutch language to new Rotterdammers? Through our organizations you will get an introduction, after which you can work as a volunteer teacher with a group of up to about 10 people.
- That you are motivated and able to give at least one part of a day a week of your time for at least 6 months
- HBO+ educated
- Patience, flexibility and empathy
- Experience with the target group is useful, but not necessary
- • Didactic experience or experience with Dutch lessons is useful, but not necessary
We are offering:
- Professional support
- Lesson material
- Travel and reimbursement of expenses
- Availability of approximately 4 hours per week for at least 6 months is required
- Intervision meetings and refresher courses are offered approx. 4 times a year
- When matching, your availability, maximum travel distance and other preferences will be taken into account as much as possible.
Voluntary language buddies
We are often approached by people who are looking for a language buddy, to help them improve their Dutch language. Language buddies hold dialogues about various subjects, read the newspaper or a magazine together, go shopping together or just go somewhere for a cup of coffee. You teach someone new words and expressions and give them the opportunity to practice and learn the language faster. We have practice material available, but language buddies can determine the content of their (practice) conversations entirely by themselves.